The need for clean water is rising quite fast but providing the same has become quite difficult as well. The water softening market in the UK is quite mature but the issue here is that they need to adapt and expand as well. The issue here is the fact that the demand for clean and soft water is increasing at an alarming rate.
The reason behind this is Pollution. Global Pollution has increased to such a degree that it’s quite difficult to come across clean and soft water. The water softener market seems very likely to grow quite exponentially in the next five years. Since, hard water has a lot of disadvantages and also affects the health of people, the rise in the softener industry was quite eminent.
UK Water Softening Industry
In the UK, the rise is expected to be the highest as the UK suffers the most when it comes to hard water-related issues. The people of the UK mostly rely on storing the rainwater, as it is generally soft. But after percolating through the layers of earth and the rock, it comes in contact with lime and chalk, and thus hard water is formed.
The rise in demand for safe and clean drinking water in the residential areas will definitely boost the water softener market. Now, here are a few key statistics about water softeners in the UK.
- Nearly, lots of flats and houses suffer from the effect of hard water every single day. Just imagine how many appliances don’t work properly and also how many pipes of these days get clogged because of mineral deposits. Softeners reduce these statistics drastically.
- Generally, people spend a lot on cleaning products for the toilet. Now, using water softeners will help people to significantly reduce the usage of toiletries. That will also reduce the issues that are generally related to hair and skin.
- Most houses in the UK clean their toilets and bathroom twice or once in a month. A water softener in place will help them to use their extra time on something else. Along with that,t it will also remove all the lime stains that need to be scrubbed thoroughly to get rid of.
- One of the biggest disadvantages of hard water is the fact that for washing clothes, around double the amount of washing powder needs to be used. But the usage of water softeners will greatly reduce that and will help people in saving their wardrobe from getting grey.
- Appliance repairs also cost as a lot as every other month’s smaller repairs. The appliances get a lot of mineral deposits and also the pipes get clogged over time. With the water softener, the expenses of repairing will be greatly reduced.
The UK water softening industry will be quite profitable in the coming years. Hopefully, this would give you a bit of insight into this industry.